First of all, thank you for participating in the Western Welcome Week Grand Parade! The parade is a 80+ year Littleton tradition. To ensure that we have a safe parade for our participants and attendees please review the “Rules of the Road”.
- NOTHING CAN BE THROWN, TOSSED, HANDED OUT, ETC., FROM YOUR ENTRY OR ON THE STREET OF THE PARADE ROUTE. This includes candy, balloons, flyers, beads, money, etc. This is non-negotiable for safety and insurance reasons. Violators may be pulled from the parade and will not receive an invitation to participate again. Items may be handed out from behind the crowd or on the sidewalks. PLEASE ADHERE TO THIS RULE.
- Be alert and be careful! There are lots of horses, large floats, and heavy machinery in the parade. They may not be able to see you when moving.
This is especially true in the staging area.
- Please help to keep the parade moving forward! Do not stop to perform along the parade route. Parade Marshals may request that your entry speed up or slow down along the route. Please abide by their instruction.
- If you have little ones who are walking or performing in the parade – please be prepared to carry them or provide transportation if they tire out.
- It will be a hot day – please provide water and sun screen for the people in your entry.
- Trophies and awards will be made public immediately after the parade at the Show Wagon/Family Stage at the west end of Main St.. Please make arrangements for someone from your organization to be on hand to receive the award if applicable. If you do not have a representative at the award presentation – awards will be available for pick up at the Western Welcome Week information booth at Main & Nevada until 5pm Festival Day. The following week awards can be picked up at 5890 S. Bemis St., Littleton, CO 80120. Please call the office at 303-794-4870. Awards will not be mailed.
Most of all have fun!
Michael Giesen & Dennis Frichtel — Parade Committee Co-Chairs